DRGN1002 - How to use Dragon to start your first dictation
Dragon is a toolbar that can help students with dyslexia and other learning difficulties with writing and proofreading assignments.
In this workshop, we will look at how to use Dragon to start your first dictation. We will cover:
- How to control the Microphone
- The Dragon Bar and mic icon
- Hot Keys
- How to dictate text and punctuation
- How to create a new line and new paragraph
- How to use the Result Display
Dragon allows you to speak naturally to dictate and edit your written assignments. Speaking to 'your computer' may feel strange at first, but the Dragon workshops aims show you how to “type by voice” efficiently.
Recommended pre-requisite workshop: "DRGN1001 - Prepare your Dragon for dictation"
Related LibGuide: Assistive Technology by Jina Ali
- Wednesday, 14th November 2018
- 15:15 - 16:15
- KL 0.07B, Learning Development Zone, Ground Floor, Kimberlin Library