Welcome to Assistive Technology (AT) tutorials
If you wish to find out more about using assistive software in your studies, you can book a tutorial with the Assistive Technology Officer. Click on the calendar dates below to view availability.
Free Appointments appear below in green. Use your student email to book.
All tutorial slots open two weeks in advance. We also have our drop-in session in the Learning Development Zone, Kimberlin Library every Monday, 2-3pm.
If you wish to contact AT or the Library Disability Team, email email@example.com.
You can see the AT officer about…
- An overview of all AT software in the Library
- Finding AT software that can help with your studies
- How to make text accessible (PDFs, Docs, Web pages and eBooks)
- How to use the Make It Accessible text conversion service with Sensus Access (PDF to Word, JPEG to Word, etc.)
- How to use speech-to-text software with Microsoft Word
- A specific assistive software (see list below)
- Claro Read (Text-to-Speech)
- Texthelp Read & Write (Text-to-Speech/Speech-to-Text)
- Dragon (Speech-to-Text)
- Audio Notetaker (Note-taking)
- Notetalker (Note-taking)
- MindView (Mind Mapping)
- Inspiration (Mind Mapping)
- Mind Genius (Mind Mapping)
- ZoomText (Magnification and screen customization)